Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Blogger's Voice

We all have seen and heard audio posts on blogs. Personally I don't really see the point, I can often read a post often much faster than the post can read it. But David Geelan, over on Bravus literally just said something that hit me... when we blog, we read in our own voice. What does this mean? Well like David says, readers don't always know the voice of the poster, so these clips into the head of the blogger that posts often are don't match the tone they were supposed to be read in. Short posts don't have the excitement that the poster wrote them with and then reads them with later. Longer posts may not have the same tone. Granted, with decent grammar, much of the tone can come across, but nothing can truly match the real thing. I know that if I know the voice of an individual, I can read (almost) in their voice if I want. Just a thought. Technorati Tags: