Monday, October 03, 2005

The Revolution will also be Classic

According to an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto at Engadget, that the Revolution will have a traditional controller as well. This is likely going to mean that any real innovative gaming will have to come from Nintendo as opposed to third party developers who likely won't invest. This is too bad as Nintendo has always been looking at what makes gaming good and playing with innovation over the strategies that other manufacturers are seeming to favour - ie the sell a million rehashes (not that I mind that though - I enjoy my PS2, that compared to MS has better games and gameplay, but Nintendo is still king). Edit - thanks to some comments here and over email I've gone out and found what the developers are saying. Tricky for cross platform, otherwise they are excited - pretty much what I would expect (read between the lines of Power Glove Reborn). Technorati Tags: ,