Friday, August 05, 2005

Mushrooming

This pair of mushrooms was growing outside my building for the last week and a bit while we were having showers every night. It's amazing how they push up roots and can survive in direct sun (since they erupted we haven't had any rainfall). I also noticed something this week with things speeding up in preparation for a major event in my personal life. While it should be obvious (and U understood how this happens even without the experience), I just noticed one of the golden rules of blog traffic in action - if you don't post, "they" won't come. In the few months that this has been up and running I have almost 900 hits (1000 should be hit before September), and the majority of hits come on days with timely posts. This is a really powerful reflection of how the "real time read/write web" moves people through ideas. I am also going to do one of the cardinal boo boos in blogging, I am going to announce an absence - likely until the end of the month, I won't be posting much. Those of you who know me, will know why, for everyone else, I'll let you guess and likely you will figure it out through comments. Technorati Tags: , ,