Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Taiya!

Well I'm now "officially" (that is to say by biological relation) an uncle. It was a surreal experience - I can't imagine what it's like for the parents. But as the family shutter bug, I was there with my 30D in hand as well as my phone. The first pictures of the little tike were caught using a camera phone (as was the first video) and sent off to show his Taiyi (my wife) - another use for the ubergadget. For the occasion I also picked up the 28-135 USM IS - not much action on it yet, so I don't know what the IS truly does for me, but the lens has a decent macro function and is very sharp. I got Future Shop to price match against The Camera Store in Calgary to save some pretty decent coin (though I had to pay "shipping"). I won't post baby pics, but here is what the moon looked like when the day started (100% crop). I've always wanted to be able to take a picture of the moon, and now I can - it needed some sharpening to get the details out, but with some work on exposure, and if I find a night with a "big Moon", I'm sure I'll get my prize.