Canadians are heavy users...
According to the CBC.
- Canadians spend twice as much time surfing for information than for entertainment (6.1 hours versus 3.3 hours weekly).
- More than 9 in 10 internet users use e-mail, making it the principal activity of all users, with the average Canadian user spending four hours a week reading and writing e-mails.
- Among internet users, 65 per cent say they access news sites at least once a week, with one-third accessing news sites every day. Among Canadian English-speaking users, the top news sites mentioned were MSN, Yahoo, and CBC.ca. Among French-speaking users, the top three sites for news were Radio-Canada (the French-language service of the CBC), MSN and Canoe.
- Most Canadians report little awareness of Canadian cultural content on the internet while fewer than a third of Canadians are satisfied with the quality, quantity and accessibility of Canadian cultural content online.
- A majority (52 per cent) of Canadian internet users had made purchases online. That's the highest found in any of the worldwide surveys.