Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Martin's Catch 22

The first star candidate for the Liberals is Marc Garneau. While I'm sure he's a great guy, I really don't like this part of Martin - candidates for any riding should be the everyday people who work within and for the party in question, not celebrities in some manner that can be convinced to look good on the stage. This is what turned me off of Martin last time, and has again. He seems to be walking the line - understanding that people elect locally (hence the star), and then those people act nationally, but on the other hand, creating a national team that the country can look at and say, well my local cast are all zuess-less but at least the Liberals have these poster people, that will make them good governors and so that is who I'll choose - not my local interest, but the national one. Technorati Tags: ,