Sunday, May 29, 2005

Techs, Admins and the like should also know about learning

In the shower - where it seems that many people get great ideas - it came to me that today, in a time where there is little or no PD for teachers to get technology integrated into the classroom in meaningful ways, that maybe there is another hope. While I was away at Amtec, I missed an Apple Seminar for Tiger in Education. Aimed mostly at the tech admins, it was like a session to show off what Tiger will allow those admins to provide for their schools. I'm thinking that what if, like librarians, the tech admin folk become classroom resources as well. I don't doubt that it's happening in some places already, but that model, if present should be expanded. I'll try to expand on this when I get the time (and do all the link outs).